Thursday, March 13, 2014

Abstract St. Patricks Day Nails

I celebrated my first St. Patricks Day as an adult in South Korea four years ago.  I wore green, drank my first "Irish Car Bomb" and spent the evening enjoying whiskey and darts with my fellow expats. I've celebrated the holiday ever year since. Last year, in New Orleans, we celebrated with the locals for three days straight. I have a feeling that the folks in New Orleans have extended celebrations for every holiday, but that's just a guess. This year, I'm getting a jump on some work so that I can revel in the celebration without guilt, hence the homicide chart in the back ground. I like to call this manicure "Luck of the Irish"... or if I try it again after the holiday "M is for Murder". 







For the soft gold color I used from Moonstone from Urban Outfitters and  the vivd green is Jungle Me from H&M and a clear topcoat. 







I painted 2 coats of the gold color. 
When it was completely dry, I used masking tape to create the V shape and painted the exposed area with green. 
When the green was dry to the touch, I applied the top coat. 



Life Is Delicious... Go Taste It!

No comments:

Post a Comment