Friday, September 6, 2013

A Taste of Phoenix Fashion Week

   
    As New York Fashion Week kicks off, we Zonies (nickname for folks who live in Arizona) are preparing for our very own major fashion event; Arizona Fashion Week at the Talking Stick Resort. Arizona Fashion Week is actually closer to a weekend of fashion, but where the event is short on days, it makes up for in style. This year the event will run from Thursday October 3 through Saturday October 5. This year the organizer, Brian Hill wetted our appetite for October's big event with the Emerging Designer's Challenge Showcase. Attendees had the chance to vote for their favorite designer and model during the event and were treated to the sounds of a fabulous dj and open bar.




The atmosphere was buzzing just before the start of the show. I've honestly not witnessed so many eclectic people in one room since I moved to Phoenix. 




I voted for this model as my favorite. She had an amazing catwalk and cool hair. Her dress is by emerging designer Herbert Victoria. His collection was an easy mix of office-to-happy-hour shades and figure flattering cuts. 





From the Emerging Desiger Brand "Dous Belle". The collection was made of modern cuts with vintage details. 





Of course I ran into one of the more fashion forward attorneys on the valley. Ben is everywhere you want to be. 

This pink mini-dress with spraypaint design is from a little dress shop I found while shopping in Iteawon, a very "Western" neighborhood in Seoul, South Korea. Everything in the store was handmade and one-of-a-kind and I think I paid the equivilant of $40 U.S Dollars for it. The dip died neon necklace is from a sale at Nordstrom's. You can barely make them out but the earrings are the triangle earrings I made from an earlier post. 







This my absolute favorite purse (right now) I found it at the Beacon's Closet in Park Slope, Brooklyn for $10. The leather clutch is adorned with an embossed floral design. The three finger ring I scored at H&M. 




Check out the Arizona Fashion Week Blog for more info and updates!
http://phxfw.wordpress.com/


Life is Delicious...Go Taste It!

No comments:

Post a Comment