Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Purple and Gray Big Girl Manicure

While at a Trader Joe's checkout counter, the cashier exclaimed, " I love your nails!" I smiled and looked down at my hot pink nails with glitter and polka dot accents nails. I had done them myself and was quite please with the look. She then continued, "My three year old would absolutely die if she saw your nails. I'm gonna try that on her when I get home." Really? I guess it was the glitter that did it. The next day a chipped nail was as good an excuse as any to "adult-ify" my nails. I came up with this purple and grey big girl manicure to ward of the admiration of toddlers everywhere.






This mani is still fresh but sophisticated. I love the finished product. Only the chicest three year olds would wear it for sure. 





I used two coats of N.Y.C. quick dry nail polish in the color "Sidewalkers"($1.99).  Once the gray color dried, I  carefully painting on the tips using Wet n Wild Megalast nail color in "On a Trip" ($1.68). When everything was fairly dry each nail got a shellack of clear nail top coat. 



Life is Delicious...Go Taste It!


P.S. The midi-ring is a DIY Project gone fabulously right. Stay tuned for the tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment