Thursday, September 5, 2013

Olive and Ivy Inspiration.

I went to Olive and Ivy Restaurant in Scottsdale with my mentor tonight. I've passed this sparkling restaurant about a bajillion times while walking along the Scottsdale Waterfront and just assumed it was another pusher of tasteless safe foods. I was pleasantly surprised. The food is amazing. We caught the tail end of happy hour so we took advantage of the cheap eats; Hummus and Bruschetta with asparagus and goat cheese. For dinner I took a chance on an interesting sounding dish, Sweet Potato Cannelloni with Roasted Mushrooms and Toasted Almonds. At first bite, I thanked my mother for nurturing my adventurous spirit.  Oh my goodness, I have no idea how they packed so much flavor into this seemingly simple dish. I am now on the hunt to replicate this dish. I will post my attempt as soon as I am able to make it edible. In the mean time I think I'll do so more (ahem) research at Olive and Ivy.

The conversation was so good that I forgot to whip out my camera for a quick shot of the grub, so the internet provides.*



Aside from the from the amazing food, the restaurant features an eye catching amount of Niche Modern Pharos Pendant Lights. 


Tasty Hummus From Olive and Ivy




Life is Delicious...Go Taste It!




No comments:

Post a Comment