Thursday, February 13, 2014

Decorative Bunting From Brown Paper Shopping Bags

I needed a creative moment in-between studying Corporations law and Commercial Paper. I came across these pretty images of bunting while Pinning. The use of triangles keep the bunting looking modern, while the use of burlap, jute and a natural color scheme adds a touch of rustic charm.





So Pretty




Handmade Custom Bunting from Etsy



It was very easy to be inspired, however I did not have any burlap, nor $40 for a custom bunting. But I did have brown paper shopping bags from my last visit to Trader Joe's and everything else in my "Bag-O- Craftiness". My custom Valentine's Day bunting cost me exactly $0 to make. I think I'm in love with this project. 


Here's What You Need:

  • Brown Paper Bags ( I used three bags to make both of bunting banners below)
  • Scissors
  • Clear Tape
  • Acrylic Craft Paint
  • Jute Twine or Ribbon
  • Pencil







Here's What you gotta Do:

1) Cut the bags in half down the sides. Trim off side paper until you only have two large flat sheets of brown paper from each bag.






2) USe a pencil and measuring tape to mark and measure triangles that are roughly 8" on the broad side. These does not have to be perfect and I think looks better if it isn't.


3)  Cut out triangle shapes. I cut one triangle per letter in the word I wanted to spell out. (This is not a hard rule, if you want to put a whole word sentence, phrase or shape in one triangle, do it) Here is where you would cut out any other shapes as well. 







3) Paint the letters or designs you want on each triangle. Get Creative!







4) Once the paint dries turn your letters over and fold over 1/4 inch of the top of your triangles. 







5) Place the jute twine under the fold and tape into place. Leave about 1" inch in-between each triangle, and keep taping until you have finished attaching all of your triangles. 







6) Hang using tape or tacks.









7) Sit back and admire your handy work. Yeah, you did that!














Just lovely above the bed
































You are loved!



Life Is Delicious...Go Taste It!

No comments:

Post a Comment