Monday, April 14, 2014

Going Home: The Buffet Revamp Part 2


I am so excited to share part two of the trash-to-treasure buffet revamp.  In a previous post, I wrote about a discarded buffet my sister and I picked up after a neighbor left it out for trash . The top part became a dry bar for the formal dining area in my sister's new home. (See the awesome Dry Bar) The bottom half became a lovely accent table for the formal living room.







First I began by sanding all of the pieces. I used a light sand on the buffet because the top portion is made of pressed particle board. Sanding allows the paint to adhere better to the painted surface.
Ignore the ashy legs and paint in hair.












This is actually the bottom part of the buffet and will serve as an accent table in the formal living room area. 















We used the same turquoise from the living room accent wall to cover the bottom half of the buffet.













We changed out the original hardware (same as the handle on the top of the buffet) in exchange for these gorgeous acrylic faceted pulls and handles. 












The handles really transformed the piece from whuh? to Wow!


















Did some paint touchups after taking these photos. Late night painting usually results in retouches the next day. 










My brother-in-law was happy that we took a chance on some one else's trash because this piece really turned out to be a treasure twice over. 








Life is Delicious...Go Taste It!





No comments:

Post a Comment