Sunday, October 27, 2013

Outrageously Healthy Oatmeal Cookies


          I’m one of those wierdos who doesn’t like chocolate. I’ll let you catch your breath and wonder about my humanity. Ok, every now and then I do have a sweet tooth. Whenever Bertha (my inner fat girl) starts demanding cheesecake, I usually remind her of how many minutes on the treadmill I’ll have to spend to cancel out the calories. That usually does it. But there are those days when she will not take no for an answer and I end up elbows deep in a tub of Pecan Praline ice cream. 
         Since investing in workout clothes and and waist band for my IPhone, I decided to outwit Bertha with some healthy versions of my favorite treats. I love oatmeal cookies and I know that doesn’t sound too bad, oatmeal right? Wrong! The Outrageous Oatmeal cookie from Starbucks comes in at a shocking 360 calories and 140 of those bad boys are from fat. They are delicious but really? Below is a quick fix for your Bertha. Oh, and not that Bertha cares, but these cookies are vegan.



Outrageously Healthy Oatmeal Cookies

Here’s What You Need:

3 ripe bananas

2 cups of old fashion oats

1 tsp. vanilla extract

2 tablespoons ground flax seed

½ tsp. cinnamon

½ cup chopped dates

¼ cup chopped walnuts

2 tablespoons Coconut Oil



Here’s What You Gotta Do:

1) Preheat oven to 375°F.

2) Mash the Bananas in a large mixing bowl.

3) Add all of the other ingredients to the mashed bananas and mix well.

4) Lightly grease and flour a cookie sheet.

5) Use a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough for each cookie.

6) Bake for 20 minutes. (Oh my goodness these things smell so good- Bertha is going nuts) Cool on a cookie rack.







Over ripe bananas are sweetest and perfect for this sugarless cookie.







Dates add sweetness and the walnuts lend a nutty crunch.






Yum. 





Life Is Delicious...Go Taste It!

No comments:

Post a Comment