Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Sunday's Best

Every time I come home for a visit, my mom convinces me to go to church with the family. This Sunday I shrugged of my heathen duds and slipped on some respectable church lady clothes. We arrived just before the service began and were greeted by everyone we passed either by hand shake hug or head nod. As we settled into our seats near the front of the sanctuary, I realized that my parents enjoy coming to church for the welcoming atmosphere and camaraderie as much as they do the sermon. The preacher cleared his throat and began. My mom squeezed my hand and smiled and I was happy I had come.  After prayer, the choir struck a chord literally and it wassnt long before I was toe tapping and enjoying the service. I was inspired by the old lady in the purple hat who danced jovially the entire length of every song sang and I was encouraged by the sermon on having faith in times of adversity. Maybe next week my mom wont have to force me to go, maybe, just maybe I'll iron my outfit the night before.







Dress: J. Crew, Earrings: Knee Deep Vintage, Dog: "Diesel". 













Purse:  Steve Madden, Shoes: Quipid, Watch: Michael Kors, Bracelet: Goodwill








I got these pink button earrings from Knee Deep,  one of my favorite vintage shops in Chicago. The next time you're in Chicago, you must check out 18th street in Pilsen. The street is lined with awesome vintage shops hocking unique and affordable wares. Picked up these sweet gray and yellow sunglasses at the Dollar Tree. 









Diesel is always in fashion with his gorgeous gray coat and cool demeanor.







No comments:

Post a Comment